Nearly all positions require social skills that may be most reliably measured through the direct observation of a candidate’s actual behaviour. Communication- and networking skills, client focus, presentation skills and negotiation skills are all such soft skills. The main feature of Assessment Centers is that candidates may demonstrate their aptitude in simulation games, in teams as well as individually, and that their behaviour is assessed by trained observers along pre-defined aspects and benchmarks.
It is recommended when:
- a choice has to be made among several candidates, as it helps the comparison of applicants.
- many candidates have to be chosen at once.
- the position is critical or complex (e.g.: leaders)
- the position that needs to be filled relies mainly on social- and communication skills (e.g.: sales positions).
- Tailored: the candidates’ behaviour can be observed in situation exercises which best model the cases and issues that may occur in the future position. This way, the spontaneous reactions of applicants facilitate immediate decisions as to who is fit for the vacancy.
- Objective: because all candidates are evaluated along the same, previously defined assessment criteria and because each applicant is observed not only by two psychologists, but also two or three further assessors on our client’s behalf. The assessment is objective also because it is based on observable behaviour, and therefore the aptitude of each candidate may be judged more reliably.
- Time-saving: practically any number of candidates may be assessed in one day.
- Multi-focused and complex design: the candidates show their skills in several situations and are assessed by several observers.
- Active: candidates take part actively and spontaneously as they are unaware about the exact expectations or any ‘good answers’. This way they show their most typical behaviour, stemming from their own personality.
- Group tasks (e.g.: group decision, project planning)
- Exercises in pairs, role plays (e.g.: negotiation, conflict with client, etc.)
- Presentation task
- Short case studies
- Psychological tests (personality inventories, ability tests) and psychological interview
We deliver our Assessment Center services in Hungarian, English, German and French languages.